True to form the procrastination has begun. I still owe you a remaining post on the birthday cakes, have some articles I have written on different platforms which I have not been able to post here as yet. What else? Oh yes I have been nominated for a blogging award AND I am technically no longer a SAHM (stay at home mom- just in case you were wondering!) What is going on? Lets just say A LOT!
Ok- as for the delayed posts, I can say with assurance they will probably get procrastinated again but with equal assurance I can also say that once something is on my LIST, it does get done. No matter how long it takes, it will happen to the best of my intentions.
The reason I have been so busy is I have landed a couple of gigs that have taken this muft ki writing and turned it into a paid one! I owe this to YOU fabulous readers of course. It was all your love, encouragement and enthusiasm for my personal stories that has led to opportunities opening up. I truly am very grateful. Writing is such a soul cleanser for me and to be able to share with those who appreciate it is just incredible.
For those who have been following along since the beginning (read Discovering Ms. Desi) you know my journey started off as a working mom turned stay at home mom and that took a while to adjust to but I was hopeful I would move into that next role the coveted WAHM, work at home mom or as I like to say WAHM=WHAM! Which is my version of ‘take that!’ to all those naysayers who like to pigeon hole you into a stereotype. I CAN have my cake and eat it too! I still have all the pros and cons of the SAHM BUT I get to enjoy the pros of the working mom without its accompanying cons i.e. corporate slave timings. Now I choose my time. Sure the pay is pocket change, but helps me feel a little less guilty when I want to splurge on something and guess what? I work for ME.
So thank you for believing in me and thank you to those who have brought me onto their platforms and value what I have to say.
This freelance writer is open for business, if you like my style, enjoy my opinion and would like me to write something for your publication please do get in touch. If you know of a publication accepting submissions and pitches, do let me know! You can leave me a message in the comments below and I will get back to you.
The lovely Sarah of food blog Flour & Spice has graciously nominated me for the Liebster Award along with the Quintet of Radiance Award which celebrate newcomer bloggers.
To fulfill the nomination criteria I need to share with you some facts about myself. Here goes!
- I have to balance my savory and sweet e.g birthday cake with chips (old school parties- remember those? BEST COMBINATION EVER)
- I have discovered the dark dark world of late late night online browsing (stalking) designer brand (damn you pretty bags) sites.
- I can watch Game of Thrones, Mad Men, House of Cards, True Detective and Sherlock with equal passion and obsession as any KUWTK spin off: Kourtney & Kim Take New York, Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami & Kourtney & Kim take Miami.
- I collect books faster than I can read them.
- Audrey Hepburn, Cafe in Paris, Book or Laptop = Who I would want to be, where I would want to be, what I would be doing (is my go to daydream)
- I missed my calling in the arts, would love to paint again if I didn’t fear not living up to the talent I once thought I had
- Meet my Gemini twins: Flower Power Hippy & Coco Chanel wearing grandma – go figure!
- I am NOT a morning person unless I have had breakfast including two hours to get out of the sleepy daze.
- I am claustrophobic, arachnophobic and get migraines.
- I love FAMILY, love being around them, consider my friends like family- honesty, no BS, it is what it is 🙂
Hope you learned something about me. Now it is your turn. I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster & Quintet of Radiance Award. All you have to do is share a few facts about yourself (minimum 5 maximum 10), link back to this post and nominate whom ever you like. Participation in this is optional.
Thank You & Pass on the love! 🙂